Full-Time ESG Reporting, Account Director
BuzzWord is a leading sustainability/ESG reporting consultancy based in North America whose clients include some of the world’s best-known brands and most influential companies. We help our clients develop effective ESG reporting and disclosure strategies; conduct materiality analyses; undertake industry research and benchmarking; advise on ESG rater and reporting frameworks; and create credible and compelling sustainability/ESG reports that communicate our clients’ strategies, stories, and performance.
We are expanding our team to meet the growing ESG reporting and disclosure needs of our public and private equity clients. Specifically, BuzzWord is seeking an Account Director, who will serve as a senior point of contact for clients, provide oversight of and directly contribute to the development and execution of projects, and contribute to growing BuzzWord’s business and expanding our suite of products and services. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the ESG/sustainability field and industry expertise in the financial services, energy, consumer packaged goods and/or private equity sectors, among others.
Typical activities include:
- Leading teams of project managers, writers, copy editors, designers, and analysts to deliver consistently high-quality products and services to our clients
- Providing clients with strategic advice and expertise, creative ideas, and practical solutions to advance their ESG reporting and disclosure efforts
- Editing and writing reports, disclosures, and other communications pieces
- Running multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring they stay on time and on budget
- Supporting business development efforts with current and potential clients
- Thinking creatively and collaborating with colleagues to build BuzzWord’s ESG reporting expertise and increase our impact
- Constantly learning by staying up-to-date on trends and developments related to ESG reporting, communications, and disclosure
- At least 7-10 years of previous sustainability/ESG experience as a corporate sustainability/ESG leader or practitioner, in-house or agency communications professional focused on sustainability/ESG, or consultant with a track record in corporate sustainability/ESG reporting and disclosure
- Substantive sustainability/ESG content knowledge and a deep understanding of related reporting trends and drivers
- Proven leader and strategic thinker with strong communications skills and a client service ethos
- Superb project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly in a flat organization
- Self-directed, highly-motivated, and able to work on virtual teams
- Entrepreneurial mind-set
- Passionate about sustainability and ESG
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
Highly competitive base salary based on experience, plus participation in an incentive compensation plan; comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, 401(k), and generous and flexible paid time off policies.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Account Director” in the subject line. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405