Full-Time Waste Stream Coordinator
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
The Waste Stream Coordinator works to assist the Sustainability Manger/Engineer in the assessment, development and implementation of Sustainable and Recycling initiatives that are representative of Parkland Hospital and Health System’s core values.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Business Administration or a related Sustainability field preferred.
– Must have 2 years of waste management, recycling or environmental services experience
– Experience must include in-depth coordination with multiple function areas and or
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
– May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
– Prefer Leadership in Energy and Environmental
Design (LEED) certification.
Skills or Special Abilities:
– Must have knowledge of various waste stream collection methods and techniques as related to waste and or recycling processes.
– Must be able to organize data collected to prepare presentations for project procurement activities.
– Must be able to perform mathematical computations.
– Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills to operate computer and various
– Must possess effective organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
– Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Manager, Housekeeping, Management, Healthcare