Temporary Summer Nature Camp Teacher’s Aide
SUMMER NATURE CAMP TEACHER’S AIDE
(Seasonal, $11/hr with end of summer bonus)
WildCare offers Summer Wildlife Camp sessions from June 4 through August 10, 2018. Sessions run for one week with a
different theme each week geared towards various age groupings. There is a one week break during the week of July 2-6. Wildlife Camps serve 3.5 through 12 year olds with 14 to 16 campers per session. The Summer Camp Teacher’s Aide will work five days per week (Mon. through Fri.) and reports to the Summer Nature Camp Teacher and Education Director.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
1. Assist Camp Teacher with conducting Wildlife Camp classes
2. Assist Camp Teacher in supervising individual campers, small groups, or the whole class as needed
3. Prepare and organize materials as needed for projects in classes
4. Assist with the supervision of volunteer teen camp assistants
5. Assist in keeping camp materials and camp room in good order
6. Assist with the set up and clean up of the museum before and after camp each day
- Will act as a back-up leader to support the Camp Teacher as needed.
8. Other duties may be assigned
Teacher’s Aide is required to attend a four-hour training on Sunday, May 20, 2018 from 1:00-5:00 pm.
To be considered for an interview, applicants must meet all qualifications listed below. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, enjoys working with children and being outside and who also has some knowledge of or interest in California natural history and wildlife. Candidate must have reliable transportation to travel to WildCare as well as off-site hike locations in Marin.
High school diploma required
Some college work preferred
Must enjoy working with children and teaching
Previous experience working with children
Ability to perform work without direct supervision
Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 25 lbs on occasion
Must feel comfortable standing for extended periods of time
Must be able to hike up to 3 miles
This is an hourly, non-exempt, seasonal position without benefits. A typical work day is 8:30 am – 3:30 pm with an average of 35 hours per week. Dates of employment are June 4 – August 10, 2018.
Pay rate is $11/hr with $2/hr bonus at the end of the summer for each hour worked when commitment is completed.