Full-Time Restoration & Education Manager
This is a full time salaried position. The Education & Restoration Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day Education and Restoration Programs at SHADOW Lake Nature Preserve. This includes high-level planning of restoration activities and educational curriculum, relationship building both with local schools and with SHADOW volunteers, and field time spent leading classes and practicing on the ground restoration.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver, has high emotional intelligence and a passion for environmental conservation, and works well in a fast-paced environment.
Salary, Benefits, Schedule
- $32,000 – $40,000 (Based on experience)
- $125 Monthly Healthcare Stipend (after 90 days)
- 1-week paid vacation annually. 1-week of paid sick leave.
- SHADOW is closed to the public during last two weeks in December and first week of January.
- SHADOW staff work Tuesday – Saturday. Some additional weekend and evening hours will be required with ample notice.
- Work in a calm, natural, peaceful setting located on a 100-acre nature preserve.
- Valid WA State Driver’s License and reliable transportation with current insurance are required. Position involves some local travel. Reimbursement is available for work-related travel and parking expenses.
To be considered
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and current resume in Word or PDF format. Subject: Restoration & Education Applicant
Isabelle Feraudo, Executive Director – email@example.com
CC: Max Prinsen, Board President – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
SHADOW is an equal opportunity employer. Criminal background screening and successful past employer reference checks will be conducted. SHADOW is an ‘at will’ employer.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversee large scale restoration and trail/infrastructure projects at the Nature Preserve – includes long-term plan implementation, coordinating grant funding, and working with partner organizations.
- Offer technical assistance regarding restoration priorities and ecosystem function.
- Facilitate Saturday Restoration Work Parties in all weather conditions – includes identifying project areas, training volunteers in safety, plant identification, and tool usage as well as coordinating waste removal.
- Manage and maintain tools and equipment.
- Oversee maintenance of SHADOW’s existing trail system and grounds.
- Maintain ongoing educational programming at SHADOW, which includes community classes, seasonal events, and fieldtrips. These programs are geared towards students of all ages.
- Design original curriculum relevant to SHADOW’s mission that reflects the goals of instructors and partners visiting the site.
- Forge relationships to expand SHADOW’s network of partnerships and provide customer service to teachers and group leaders.
- Facilitate or coordinate all elements of educational events and fieldtrips including – preparation, execution, and clean up.
- Promote events on Facebook, in local newspapers, with relevant community groups, and through educational contacts.
- Create and write articles for the monthly newsletter, format monthly newsletter and help maintain SHADOW’s contact database.
- Expand SHADOW’s contacts by engaging with diverse community groups.
- Recruited new volunteers through web-based platforms and maintain volunteer relationships onsite and through email correspondence with the goal of fostering long-term volunteer leaders within the organization.
- Supervise teams of volunteers on the grounds.
- 4-Year University degree required; Graduate-Level work preferred.
- College-level coursework and/or experience in environmental science and/or land conservation highly desired.
- 1 –2 years of restoration field experience highly desired.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated, self-starter – Applicant should be passionate about SHADOW Lake Nature Preserve’s mission and excited to explore creative ways to advance that mission.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and strong time management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to manage large projects and groups.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with GIS, WordPress, or Salesforce is desired.