This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
3 Sep 2017
Full-Time Project Coordinator
Future of Fish is a non-profit systems change incubator that provides research, design, and business strategy services to entrepreneurs, NGOs, foundations, and innovators as they work to improve global seafood sustainability. Our vision is a global seafood industry that supplies traceable, trustworthy, legally caught fish.
With over 25 years of combined expertise in complex problem-solving and more than five years of research and discovery in the seafood industry, we know that no one business or individual can shift the system alone. So we’re focused on building the collective impact of entrepreneurs and businesses to drive the end of overfishing. We facilitate unique collaborations among seafood businesses, traceability vendors, chefs, non-profits, and other stakeholders.
Future of Fish is a virtual team with staff working remotely from locations throughout the US however this staff is required to be located in Portland, Oregon.
As a project coordinator, you will be responsible for working with Director of Global Operations to internally organize our staff to execute our Fishery Development Model in countries worldwide seeking to sustainably manage and maximize the value of their fisheries. This involves working closely with the Global Operations Team consisting of researchers, business analysts, and supply chain, finance, development, and technology specialists to collectively plan, execute, and manage implementation projects.
The project coordinator will report directly to the Director of Global Operations but will be working closely with various staff to coordinate the completion of project deliverables.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Future of Fish Project Coordinator, responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with project lead and project teams to create, execute, track, and revise project roadmaps, staff work plans, and project timelines to meet changing project needs and requirements.
- Meet regularly and work with Project Leads to plan weekly tasks for the project team and actively track those tasks throughout the week.
- Utilize project management tools and check in processes to manage, track, communicate, and move project work forward – ensuring staff understand priority tasks they must accomplish each week
- Effectively apply and enforce project management standards and procedures, including quality assurance/review procedures.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects such as logistical planning, staff availability, and client expectations in coordination with the project team.
- Work closely with Future of Fish staff and external consultants to clearly define roles, responsibilities, and deliverables to effectively execute project work plans.
- Work with the project lead to engage project partners and clients to ensure project work is coordinated.
- Work closely with the Research Department to coordinate project timelines with research needs including interview and field-work schedules, and research report development
- Work with the Global Operations Director and Operations Director to plan cross-project timelines and staffing plans
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations on tracking progress towards grant/contract deliverables, managing staffing allocations, and updates on project timelines.
- Streamline processes within projects and teams to be efficient, effective, and energized.
- Support in the development of project grant reports to professional standards.
- Coordinate and/or participate in the planning and execution of special events such as workshops or in-person team meetings.
- Support and participate in business development opportunities such as proposal writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 2+ years working in fisheries, marine conservation, the seafood industry, or other related field
- 3+ years of related project coordination
- Strong Google Suite, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint user
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and writing skills.
- Able to work and excel on a diversity of concurrent tasks. (e.g., task management, report writing, developing work plans, coordinating logistics, developing spreadsheets, developing presentations, etc)
- High level of professionalism, collaborative spirit, and maintains a positive attitude.
- Self-starter and ability to learn and expand knowledge on their own.
- Highly organized and attention to detail.
- Strong record of working closely with clients and partners and understanding their needs.
- Ability to recognize vagueness in projects and work to resolve it
- Ability to take complexity and break it down in manageable tasks
- Ability to design processes and systems to accomplish project work
- Experience working independently and also as part of a past-faced team environment.
- Located in or can move to Portland, Oregon
How to Apply
This position will be a full-time independent contractor position. Please send a cover letter (with monthly rate requirements) and CV to Cheryl Chen, Future of Fish - Operations Director (email@example.com) by Wednesday, September 15, 2017.
The anticipated start date of the contract would be October 23, 2017.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405