Full-Time Project Advisor
The Ministry of Energy is looking for a skilled and experienced advisor to lead the development, implementation, coordination and ongoing assessment of programs and related policies within the Conservation and Renewable Energy Branch, Ministry of Energy.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position you will:
• manage projects by establishing priorities, assigning tasks, and monitoring budgets
• liaise with internal and external stakeholders to discuss and enhance policies and programs
• represent and make decisions on behalf of senior management on working groups
• prepare presentations, communications and briefing notes for senior management
• coordinate project teams and provide support on energy reduction, climate change and other projects
How do I qualify?
- You have knowledge of the energy industry including environmental and regulatory issues, and climate changes in order to develop and enhance energy projects or programs.
• You have knowledge of contract management in order to oversee the preparation of Request for Proposals, negotiate and monitor contracts.
• You have knowledge of policy development strategies and approval processes.
Project management skills:
- You have knowledge of project management theories, practices and techniques.
• You have the ability to lead a team, create project plans, establish goals and priorities, assign tasks and resolve problems/conflicts.
• You have experience with forecasting, obtaining resources and monitoring budgets to ensure deliverables are met.
Partnership management skills:
- You have influential skills to resolve conflict with stakeholders and achieve common goals and objectives.
• You have relationship building skills to lead and mentor staff and provide information and advice to senior management and stakeholders.
Leadership and communication skills:
- You have motivational skills to lead a team, encourage innovative ideas, and meet goals.
• You have experience with making recommendations as well as prepare reports, cabinet submissions, briefing materials and correspondence.
• You have the ability to participate in working groups/committees to make recommendations/decisions on behalf of senior management.
Research, analytical and problem-solving skills:
- You can research and analyse industry trends to proactively manage programs and partnerships.
• You have the ability to analyze issues, assess risks and develop/recommend solutions and best practices.
Salary Range: $63,544 – $91,564 per year
- 1 Permanent – Full-Time, 77 Grenville St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, February 1, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 102076 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.