Full-Time Program Specialist
Cascade Energy, founded in 1993, specializes in industrial energy efficiency. Our work reaches throughout the Pacific Northwest and across North America, with clients ranging in size from small up to Fortune 500 companies. We are proud of our reputation for stellar, high quality work. We foster and value a culture of equals, initiative, and ownership. Contribution in all areas is encouraged. Cascade has offices in Portland, Oregon; Eugene, Oregon; Issaquah, Washington; Walla Walla, Washington; Pleasant Grove, Utah; Meridian, Idaho; Crystal Lake, Illinois; San Ramon, California; and San Diego, California.
At Cascade Energy, we believe in better. We come to work every day with a drive for continuous improvement and we dedicate ourselves to making industrial energy efficiency happen in smart, measurable, and sustained ways. We are always thinking about new ways to make things happen and achieve results. We offer energy efficiency program design and implementation, energy efficiency engineering, energy management services and software, and hands-on training and coaching.
Our teams are a reflection of our core company values, which are: do the right thing; put others first; seek shared success; learn constantly; and be industrious. Our customers are vitally important to us, and we pride ourselves on stellar customer service. Our team members are our ambassadors, representing Cascade Energy, striving to keep our values top of mind, working to ensure we are responsive, and consistently delighting our customers.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Cascade Energy seeks a detail oriented individual to provide a broad range of support services for our energy management products, utility programs and corporate direct teams. Cascade Energy provides energy focused workshops, technical services and programs, utilizing powerful tools and information that enable our customers to strategically manage their energy use. In this blended role, the Program Specialist will be an integral part of the delivery team, participating on various levels to move programs from initial planning to post-completion retrospective assessment as well as providing continuous operational support to various internal teams.
This full-time, non-exempt position is located in our Bay Area, California office and reports to the Director of Utility Engagement. Currently, our office is located in San Ramon, however, we will be moving to a new location in close proximity to the Walnut Creek or Dublin/Pleasanton BART line in the next 1-2 months. The Program Specialist reports to the Midwest Territory Manager. No travel is anticipated for this role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Project management and system/process improvement:
- Manage, track, communicate regarding schedules, budget, activities, certifications, and progress
- Communicate and interact with clients and participants in parallel with energy management coaches and technical leads in support of the execution of the coaches’ and leads’ work
- Assist in the recruitment and delivery of cohorts
- Create and improve systems (on SharePoint or elsewhere) to manage training materials, schedules, tools, resources, and processes
- Assist with the improvement of program tools
- Meet regularly with other specialists to collaborate on program process improvement
Event planning, coordination, and logistics:
- Provide logistical support for workshops, webinars, and other program events
- Coordinate technical specialists
- Carry out a variety of ongoing administrative and organizational tasks (no task is too small)
Energy models and savings reports support:
- Collect energy performance data from program participants to update SENSEI and Monitoring Tracking and Reporting (MT&R) tracking sheets. Review and interpret energy performance data at a basic level in support of coaches and technical leads
- Contribute to project completion or progress reports as a primary author, contributing author, or in a quality control capacity
SENSEI® (our proprietary energy management web-based software) support:
- Setup and maintain SENSEI® accounts
- Structure SENSEI® saved views and push reports
- Create, adapt, and distribute Tableau reports that are generated from SENSEI® data
- Coordinate SENSEI® integration and model development
Materials and curriculum
- Work with delivery staff to promote continuous improvement of training curriculum by critiquing and editing for relevance, effectiveness, clarity, consistency, accuracy, and visual appeal
- Assist with process design to maintain, store, and make curriculum materials and tools accessible to team
- Review and contribute to marketing materials
- Ordering and assembly of workbooks and toolkits
Provide administrative support to other activities including:
- Business development support
- Manage and track invoicing
- Order and replenish office and kitchen supplies
- Coordinate office mail, shipping, and deliveries
- Manage equipment and tool inventories and check-out/check-in process
For this role, we seek candidates with a track record or superior performance, including:
- Demonstrated sharp critical thinking ability and exceptional problem solving skills
- Focused on strong attention to detail contributing to a thorough understanding of process, numbers, and calculations
- Management of multiple projects simultaneously, in a time-efficient manner
- Exhibits superb customer engagement skills. Engages with internal and external customers, and exhibit strong listening and verbal communication skills (English)
- Shows strong technical writing skills and the ability to compile an engaging presentation
- Displays a high level of organization and the ability to manage time effectively
- Strong proficiency with MS Office suite, with an emphasis on Excel skills
- Capable of productive work both independently and as part of a team environment
- Takes initiative to be proactive, resourceful, and highly motivated with good communication skills and a results-oriented approach
- Candidate should have a current driver’s license and registered vehicle to run regular office-related errands
- Working knowledge of industrial energy management information system (EMIS) platforms
- Proficiency with SharePoint
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Energy Management, or similar field or equivalent practical professional experience
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Our total rewards include competitive pay and excellent benefits. These include health (90% paid for team member, 80% paid for dependents), vision, FSA or HSA options with an employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 401k retirement plan with both a guaranteed 3% contribution and a profit sharing contribution, annual cash performance bonus, (8) paid holidays per year, paid vacation time, and paid sick time.