Full-Time Program Manager II – Pesticide & Pollution Reduction Programs
Program Manager II – Pesticide & Pollution Reduction Programs
Montgomery County Government
Department of Environmental Protection
Salary Range: $62,195 – $103,177
This position will be part of the Office of Sustainability in the Division of Environmental Policy & Compliance in the Department of Environmental Protection. As a member of the Office of Sustainability, this position will work within a team of environmental professionals focused on providing information and programs related to a broad range of sustainability topics to residents and businesses in Montgomery County.
This position is responsible for the implementation of pesticide and pollution reduction programs, with a priority of overseeing the Department’s implementation of the Montgomery County Lawn Care Law. Key responsibilities include:
• Implementing various provisions of the Lawn Care Law affecting homeowners, businesses, property managers, retailers, lawn care providers and others.
• Delivering outreach and education programs related to the Lawn Care Law and pollution reduction, including information on organic lawn care practices.
• Developing partnerships with businesses, non-profit organizations, homeowner associations, and other groups to collaborate on Lawn Care Law and other pollution reduction activities.
• Developing website content and other outreach materials related to the Lawn Care Law and other pollution reduction activities.
• Managing budgets and contracts related to the Lawn Care Law and other pollution reduction programs.
• Coordinating Lawn Care Law related issues with the other public entities affected by the law, including Montgomery Parks, the Department of General Services, and the Department of Transportation.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in effectively managing a comprehensive environmental or related public policy program (from planning through implementation and evaluation), particularly a program emphasizing broad scale behavior change. A core component of this position will be facilitating effective outreach to, and engagement with, audiences with diverse interests. Experience with pesticide or pollution prevention programs and/or organic landscaping practices is a plus, but not a requirement. This position will need to work well in a collaborative environment within a large organization with multiple priorities, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This position requires the ability to attend meetings or perform work at locations outside the office, including some evenings and weekends.
Experience: Thorough five (5) years professional experience in the implementation of environmental programs that involved extensive community engagement and outreach.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education or experience may be substituted.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.