Full-Time Operations and Membership Manager
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment seeks an Operations and Membership Manager who is interested in sustainable, responsible and impact investing and/or corporate social responsibility. The Operations and Membership Manager is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. The primary responsibilities are to manage the organization’s financial and human resources administration and membership renewals and outreach. She or he will also provide administrative support for Board activities and be engaged in our Annual Conference and member events.
The ideal candidate has strong financial management skills, good oral and written communication skills, and experience in and commitment to providing high quality member services. The candidate should be an organized self-starter who will bring creative energy to US SIF and a team player who is comfortable interacting with individuals and groups.
Reports to: This position reports to the Managing Director. The Operations and Membership Manager will supervise administrative staff and work with other staff as necessary.
US SIF’s Operations and Membership Manager is responsible for specific duties that include, but are not limited to the following:
Finance, Operations and Human Resources
- Prepare the draft annual budget and narrative for the Board of Directors.
- Monitor year-to-date revenues and expenses against budget.
- Coordinate financial audits and prepare required schedules; coordinate 990s.
- Oversee financial systems and accounts including entering or monitoring entries in Quickbooks.
- Serve as primary staff liaison and supervisor to bookkeeping consultant and accounting firm.
- Prepare regular financial reports.
- Prepare the budget for the Annual Conference.
- Administer all staff benefit programs work annually and work with benefits firm on changes to benefits.
- Process payroll via Paychex.
- Process 401K contributions and support compliance efforts for the plan.
- Manage the process for recruiting staff and oversee the onboarding procedure for new staff.
- Oversee management of the office, including IT, managing office equipment and supplies, archiving files.
- Prepare drafts of membership, governance and financial sections of the Annual Report.
- Oversee the retention of members through timely management of the quarterly renewal process and through outreach to members.
- Organize and run quarterly webinars on member benefits.
- Follow up with potential member leads made at events.
- Assist Events Manager in managing member receptions, including invitations, registration and staffing the event.
- Respond to basic inquiries regarding membership in US SIF.
- Manage production of membership materials.
- Provide administrative support and manage logistics for board meetings.
- Support several board committees, including setting up meetings and ensuring follow up from meetings.
- Support the planning and execution of the Annual Conference.
- Supervise Administrative and Operations Coordinator.
- Assist in smooth running of member webinars.
- Other duties as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial operations and human resource management and at least 2 years of experience working on member services.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years of professional experience using Quickbooks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience serving as a supervisor.
- Strategic, critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and a collegial attitude.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
- Aptitude for exceptional customer service and ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Able and willing to set and achieve high professional standards.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to organize and track multiple projects and work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Enjoys working as part of team, and also able and willing to work independently.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor and a positive attitude.
- Prior work experience with a non-profit or membership association.
- Experience with or strong interest in investing, or sustainable, responsible and impact investing and/or corporate social responsibility.
- Familiarity with GoTo Webinar platform.
- Experience with CRM or AMS software.
- Approximately 5% of time for domestic events.
- 15 days of paid vacation, plus two personal days.
- 401K plan with employer contributions.
- Employer-subsidized health and dental insurance.
- Metro Smart benefits, disability insurance and flexible spending account.
- Three week sabbatical program after five years of employment.
Salary range is commensurate with experience and non-profit pay scales.