Full-Time Media Coordinator
The Western Organization of Resource Councils (WORC), a regional network of eight grassroots community organizations, is a leader in campaigns to hold the oil, gas and coal industries accountable, create a just transition to homegrown prosperity for fossil fuel-dependent communities, and win economic justice for family farms and ranches and small food producers. WORC is nationally respected for its 40 years of winning campaigns on natural resource, food and agriculture issues through community organizing, training, leadership development, and voter engagement. WORC’s member organizations have 15,190 members and 39 local chapters in seven states.
We are seeking a Media Coordinator who is experienced, capable, energetic, well-organized, a strategic thinker, and driven by a vision of a better world. The Media Coordinator will work with WORC’s staff team to plan and execute focused, effective, and comprehensive social media and communications strategies to support and extend WORC’s influence, media coverage and online presence, and to help WORC’s member groups develop and execute effective media strategies.
This satisfying and challenging job will see you:
- Working with WORC’s staff team and member organizations to develop and implement media campaigns that support our shared campaigns and programs.
- Coordinating the planning and production of content for our social media, email and website communications.
- Helping to developing and implement media strategies for WORC’s issue campaigns.
- Providing capacity building assistance to WORC’s member groups as part of a total team effort.
- Developing and honing your skills as a competent and confident trainer.
Experience and qualifications:
- Highly motivated, proactive work style and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- At least 1-2 years experience in communications and media.
- Proven ability to work with teams in fast-paced public policy campaigns.
- Ability to deal with tight or shifting deadlines, interrelated moving pieces, and occasional long hours at critical times in campaigns.
- Experience with social media and email strategy, online content creation, and digital strategy, including paid advertising.
- Experience working with reporters, existing relationships with regional and national energy, environment and agriculture journalists very helpful.
- Familiarity with non-profits, community organizing and commitment to the principles of community organizing.
- Ability to coach and support grassroots leaders as spokespersons, and train leaders and staff.
The position is full-time, exempt and based in our Billings, Montana office with frequent travel and periodic work on evenings and weekends. Our LEED platinum certified building is a showcase of green building strategies and technologies, and a great place to work.
SALARY AND STARTING DATE
Salary range $40,000 to $45,000 to start, depending on experience and qualifications, with generous benefits include fully paid health insurance and dental insurance; sabbatical, vacation and sick leave, and retirement plan with employer contribution.
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY To apply send resume, cover letter, three short communications writing samples and three references, to John Smillie, WORC Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled, but applications are encouraged by October 31, 2017. The target date for work to begin is January 1, 2018. WORC is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about WORC, visit www.worc.org.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405