Please login/register to apply for this job.
10 Aug 2017
Full-Time Greenhouse-Head Grower
- Work directly with the Native Perennials Manager in organizing and planning future goals of that Growing Center.
- Responsible for collaborating with the Growing Center Manager in the planning the execution Growing Center equipment and facilities updates or expansions to achieve goals within budgetary parameters, performs this work either directly or indirectly through others.
- Develops and implements plant production, plant care and maintenance plans for the Growing Center at the Direction of the Native Perennials Manager.
- Assures activities related to this department are carried out safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Oversee and plan plant propagation and crop production schedules to meet target finish dates and production numbers.
- Coordinates with the Inventory Manager to assure current, accurate inventory counts.
- Diligently communicates crop failures and crop quality concerns to Native Perennials Manager.
- Prepare timely remedies for crop failures and QA-QC issues.
- Performs responsibilities in accordance with company sustainability goals.
- Collaborates with the Growing Lead on the implementation of integrated pest management control methods and fertilization regimes as needed.
- Researches and implements best practices to meet sustainability goals.
- At the direction of the Native Perennial Manager, project, order, and purchase greenhouse supplies needed to produce and care for containerized plugs and all other equipment, tools, and supplies necessary for maintaining plants.
- Track labor, supplies, and other budgetary expenses and update records monthly to monitor budget plan.
- Suggest and implement changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work team.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates and work flow.
- Researches and implement new propagation, and production techniques, to improve quality of product and supply new product to the market.
- Carries out work in full accordance with safety guideline. Immediately ceases work if unsafe conditions are identified. Corrects and reports unsafe condition and behaviors.
- Weekend and after hours are expected of this position and its direct reports seasonally.