Part-Time Grants Administrator
Grant Administrator – Job Description
Submit applications by August 31, 2017
Chattahoochee Riverkeeper (CRK) is a nonprofit environmental and education organization with more than 7,200 members and offices in Atlanta, Gainesville and LaGrange, which works to protect the Chattahoochee River, its lakes, tributaries and watershed through education, monitoring, outreach, and legal actions.
CRK is seeking a part-time (20 hours/per week) Grants Administrator. The Grants Administrator is responsible to ensure excellence in research, preparation and reporting for grants. The Grants Administrator contributes valuable services before award, during fulfillment and in reporting; resulting in an exceptional grant maker experience and advancement of the CRK mission. The Grants Administrator will conduct research to identify new grant opportunities, collaborate with staff to ensure timely completion of all grant deliverables, will ensure appropriate and on schedule grant spending, and will be responsible for organizing internal and external reports.
- Work with Foundation Search database to produce quality prospects, institutional donor profiles, appropriate ask amounts and prioritize and evaluate prospects for foundation and government grants.
- Develop and prioritize projects and proposals; coordinate with program and development staff to elicit projects and programs that require support; set priorities for funding.
- Develop and foster relationships with foundation staff and trustees by making connections between staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Arrange site visits; make appointments for Executive Director, Riverkeeper, and Development Director with potential foundation funders.
- Provide stewardship for existing foundation donors.
- Write and supervise writing of all proposals, budgets and reports.
- Manage existing grants by tracking grants through internal reporting systems, writing reports, maintaining excellent records, working with staff to ensure each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations.
- Monitor and manage grants income goal.
- Other duties as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be proficient with Foundation Search database.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with Blackbaud Raisers Edge database preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with nonprofit organization and grant management.
- Proven track record on raising money from foundation and government sources.
- Water resource advocacy and education program work experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Experience with budget development and monitoring preferred.
- Knowledge of contracts and agreements preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Chattahoochee Riverkeeper is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation.