Full-Time Gift Planning Assistant
The Gift Planning Assistant will provide integral administrative support to Save the Redwoods League’s growing Gift Planning program, aiding the efforts to identify, cultivate, and steward legacy donors and prospects, and responsibly administer matured planned gifts and current life income gifts. The ideal candidate for this position is energetic, focused, and well organized.
Have you ever met a thousand year-old tree? There are few things as immense, awe-inspiring, and uniquely important as our redwood forests. For over 90 years, Save the Redwoods League has been dedicated to protecting the ancient redwood forests so all generations can experience their inspiration and majesty. In 1850, there were nearly 2 million acres of ancient coast redwood forests in California. Today, less than 5 percent remains, and they face threats from unsustainable logging practices, poorly planned development, and global climate change. Since its founding in 1918, Save the Redwoods League has protected more than 200,000 acres of forests and helped create 66 redwood parks and preserves for everybody to enjoy. To learn more about us, check out our website!
As a Gift Planning Assistant, you would be a member of the Development team focused on protecting and preserving these natural wonders for future generations. As our Centennial is fast approaching, you will contribute to our goals at a pivotal time in our organization’s history.
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Gift Planning, including contract processing, travel and meeting coordination, calendar management, expense reporting, and Raiser’s Edge (RE) data input, tracking, research, and report generation
- Drafts correspondence to estate representatives to facilitate timely and full receipt of estate gifts, and generates presentation materials, personal donor proposals, and other materials
- Manages Gift Planning program lists: maintains prospect portfolio information in RE database and conducts prospect research; imports website visitor data; updates Excel spreadsheets; and tracks and reports on all open estates and documentation
- Coordinates with the Donor Stewardship Manager to fulfill estate grove dedications, and implement donor events such as luncheons, donor hikes and picnics
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- 1+ year administrative experience required; nonprofit development experience preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database software preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Occasional weekend and evening responsibilities
- Sense of humor and warm professionalism
We are a dedicated, bright and passionate group who work hard and are committed to maintaining a friendly and respectful work environment. This position provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits — and our office is conveniently located near Montgomery St. BART.