Full-Time Executive Director
The Executive Director – who leads the organization, under the guidance of the Board of Directors – leads a professional staff of over 30 and manages an annual budget of approximately $5 million. The Executive Director serves as principal spokesperson for the Alliance to the broader community, including political and business leaders, other environmental organizations, scientists, and federal, state and local government staff and officials. The Executive Director oversees the day to day operations of the organization. That includes providing guidance to the staff in the strategic development and implementation of all programs; overseeing financial, human resource, and grants management; developing, ensuring and maintaining a diversified funding stream to support program implementation; helping to lead development and fundraising efforts; and serving as primary liaison to the Board of Directors.
Expertise and Skills Required:
The Executive Director will be an energetic, creative, and goal oriented leader with:
- exceptional leadership and management skills,
- demonstrated capability to develop partnerships and identify creative solutions,
- ability to serve as an articulate spokesperson for the Alliance,
- experience with staff, financial and administrative management of organizations,
- knowledge of Chesapeake Bay policies, issues and strategies, and
- experience in development and fundraising, including foundation and government grants as well as corporate and private donations.
The Executive Director will have at least a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience in a related field, with a minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership and management role. Previous experience working with non-profit organizations and any related advanced degrees or certifications are also desirable.