Full-Time Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (EHS)
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (EHS)
Location: Modesto, CA, US, 95354 (Relocation Assistance Available)
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs—Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
You will participate in the day to day implementation and continuous improvement of environmental programs and compliance related activities primarily at Gallo’s glass manufacturing operation but also at other Gallo facilities as needed. This will include involvement in hazardous and non-hazardous wastes, air emissions, water, wastewater and storm water management. You will aid inn implementing environmental systems including, ISO 14001 (EMS), CERS, and R3 programs.
What You Will Do
- Advises on disposal methods based on state and federal regulations, technical guidelines and advice of counsel
- Advises management on selection sites for the disposal of waste materials
- Serves an environmental advocate for promoting recycling, waste minimization, substitution of hazardous chemicals, water and energy conservation, etc.
- Facilitates ISO 14001 conformance by working with Environmental Management on environmental data, metrics and document management systems, annual aspect scoring and development of Objectives and Targets
- Coordinates and facilitates or utilizes the Corporate Environmental Affairs document control system
- Coordinates site wide hazardous waste management activities and interface with waste disposal contractor and contractor representatives
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of Environmental or Environmental, Health & Safety experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus 7 years of Environmental or Environmental, Health & Safety experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility or Master of Science Degree in Environmental/Ecological Science, Chemistry or Biology plus 1 year of Environmental or Environmental, Health & Safety experience.
- Experience with Federal, State and local environmental laws and regulations (CAA, CWA, RCRA), environmental auditing, regulatory reporting ISO 14001
- Valid driver’s license and successful completion of background check.
- Required to obtain a California’s driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire
- Required to occasionally engage in work at extreme heights
- Required to lift and move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
What Will Set You Apart
- Hazardous Materials Management Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or Biology plus 5 years of Environmental or Environmental, Health & Safety experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Skilled in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Experience working with Title V regulated air permits
- Experience working with California Hazardous Waste Control Laws
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job ID -32081