Full-Time Energy Procurement Manager
Making a World of Difference – At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients – from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights – from demand to impact – to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We’re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family… together we can Make a World of Difference.
Senior Energy Procurement Managers provide energy procurement consulting to AIQ strategic-level clients. Through deep domain expertise, they independently build strong relationships based on gaining trust and understanding of each client they serve.
- Provide energy procurement consulting services to each assigned client; including, but not limited to: RFP development, market assessment, risk management, strategy development, contract negotiation, contract management, and product management.
- Independently develop and maintain high-level contacts within a client organization.
- Demonstrate an authoritative and consultative approach that builds support within the highest levels of a client organization.
- Develop and implement complex energy procurement and risk management strategies.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of assigned regulatory markets.
- Meet regularly with clients, including in-person visits and teleconferences.
- Develop strategies that include complex purchasing options, i.e. heat rate, portfolio approaches, block/index, etc.
- Communicate with utilities, local distribution companies, and public utility commissions to gather timely, accurate, and complete energy market intelligence.
- Assist in development of new energy procurement products and marketing materials.
- Explain and educate clients on difficult energy market dynamics and metrics.
- Four-year college degree strongly preferred.
- Thorough working knowledge of PUC and utility rules, regulations and tariffs.
- Four years of energy procurement experience, either buying or selling retail energy.
- Experience and expertise in all deregulated energy markets.
- Utility experience or knowledge of utility bill calculations
- Ability to work independently within the highest levels of a client organization, including “C” level.
- Authoritative, consultative approach with the ability to explain and educate difficult market concepts.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate MS Excel and Word skill level required.
- Must be detail oriented, flexible, adaptable and self-motivated.
- Skill in analyzing and interpreting utility and tariff data.
- Ability to handle deadlines and high stress situations on a periodic basis.
- Must be able to travel regularly to client locations.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.