Full-Time Energy Modeller
We are seeking a motivated, passionate individual to join our team as an Energy Modeller. As an employee of one of Canada’s leading Mechanical/Electrical engineering firms, you will be able to experience the thrills of working with a close-knit team on multiple challenging projects in the ICI sector. We provide our employees with opportunities to grow their skills and abilities. We pride ourselves in being able to assist in our employee’s desires to better themselves. Finally, we have developed and maintained a positive/nurturing company culture. All of this comes from our desire to see our employees succeed. If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, we’re excited to bring you on to our team.
- Perform detailed building energy modelling using applicable software (i.e. eQuest, EE4, etc.). Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Review and interpret architectural, mechanical, and electrical design drawings
- Perform take-off calculations for all building elements and parameters required for energy modelling
- Develop proposed and referenced case energy models as per modelling procedures and rules from applicable reference guidelines, standards, and codes
- Performing engineering calculations to support modelling results
- Evaluate and analyze various building energy measures by performing iterative modelling.
- Provide design recommendations to improve energy efficiency of building
- Preparation of modelling documentation and submittals as required by the project
- Prepare detailed responses to energy model reviews and audits from various modelling authorities (i.e. CaGBC, municipalities, etc.)
- Report to senior team members and project designers. Provide assistance to project designers on design solutions affecting building energy consumption.
- Provide assistance in preparation of submittals for LEED certification.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Building Sciences, or related fields required. Strong fundamentals in energy transfer of building systems preferred.
- 4 years or more work experience related to building systems design, audit, and/or evaluation preferred.
- Working knowledge of energy modelling software such as eQuest and EE4 an asset.
- Sound knowledge of various ASHRAE standards (90.1, 62.1, etc.) and energy requirements in building codes an asset.
- French communication skills an asset.
- Knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1-2010, as well as envelope thermal performance values from ASHRAE 189.1-2009.
This position is full time and located in north Toronto. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Each qualified applicant will receive consideration for employment without being subject to discrimination based on any characteristics protected by law.
Any candidates contacted for an opportunity that may need accommodation throughout the recruitment process are encouraged to advise us of any such need. We will work with you to ensure that the accommodations made suit your individual needs. Any and all details relating to the accommodation will be kept strictly confidential.
We sincerely appreciate all applications for this position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.