Full-Time Energy Efficiency QA/QC Manager
Resource Innovations is an environmental consulting company specializing in energy and water efficiency, helping and empowering people to make smart resource choices. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with community organizations toward a collaborative economy.
Resource Innovations is seeking a QA/QC Manager to join our team in Chicago, Illinois. The QA/QC Manager aligns Resource Innovations’ quality processes and systems with utility client’s quality processes and systems and ensures delivery exceeding client expectations. This position works closely with trade allies, customers and internal team members to conduct residential weatherization field inspections, review QA/QC findings, and work with our partners to identify and implement solutions. Additionally, the QA/QC manager will conduct technical trainings with our partners and drive continuous improvement and best practices in quality processes. The QA/QC Manager works with internal cross functional teams to ensure Resource Innovations’ program solutions are effective, efficient and meet client expectations.
- Manage and implement the field and internal verification process across multiple programs and clients including the selection and review of assignments, track performance against metrics, and ensure all necessary forms and materials are completed
- Conduct onsite home inspections, write assessment reports, and provide solutions to remedy failed inspections
- Develop and implement QA/QC requirements and implementation plan
- Provide education, training, and coaching to trade allies to minimize failed inspections, mitigate faulty workmanship, and remedy failures when they occur
- Oversee a staff of QA/QC personnel working remotely in the field
- Ability to both conduct field inspections as well as oversee a staff conducting field inspections, and effectively manage trade allies
- Review program QC findings, report and remedy inaccuracies
- Leverage best practices and continuous improvement to implement long term solutions in partnership with the client and Resource Innovations’ Program Managers
- Identify root cause analyses and recommendations as required for client facing reports
- Generate weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports to audit, monitor and measure performance and relevant metrics
- Manage team to ensure contract compliance in forecasting requirements and key performance indicators
- Coordinate with Program Managers, Community Outreach Manager, and Community Action Agencies across clients and programs
- Conduct internal and external trainings to include webinars, tutorials and conference calls on relevant business processes and standards
- Manage the process of regularly reviewing and updating critical program documentation including field verification guides and forms, processing manuals, and policy and procedure manuals.
- Regularly include updated industry trends and insights into policies and procedures manuals to ensure program materials are most relevant
- Work as part of a cross functional team including operations, IT, Marketing, and Customer Service/Processing
- Meet with Customer Service/Processing lead regularly to ensure best practices and continuous improvement initiatives are aligned and implemented effectively
- Conduct scheduled and unscheduled review of application process to determine where improvements can be made
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple priorities
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools
- Customer service focus
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for senior management team
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience in energy-efficiency or related field
- 5+ years experience in a quality control and quality assurance role, or consulting, energy efficiency or utility experience highly desired
- Knowledge of building science, home construction and technical expertise
- BPI Building Analyst and Envelope certifications preferred
- HERS and RESNET Rater certification preferred
- Travel between 25% to 75% of the time
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.
How to ApplyTo apply send a resume to Christy Meier at email@example.com
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405