Full-Time Director of Development
Join a team of professionals at Earth Day Network. EDN is a driving force steering environmental awareness around the world. EDN’s network reaches over 22,000 organizations in 192 countries, while the domestic program engages 5,000 groups and over 30,000 educators coordinating millions of community development and environmental protection activities throughout the year. Our mission is to grow and diversify the environmental movement worldwide, and to mobilize it as the most effective vehicle for promoting a healthy, sustainable planet. We pursue our mission through education, politics, events, and consumer activism.
Earth Day Network (EDN) is seeking to hire a very special person who is enthusiastic, multi-talented, and ready to dive into a job at the center of a busy organization approaching its 50th anniversary in 2020.
- Have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow a $3-5 million annual budget and special events including 50th Anniversary commemoration through the solicitation of major gifts, federal and state grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
- Work closely with the leadership team to ensure the financial health of Earth Day Network and build and implement a strong, diversified fundraising program
- Develop, draft, help execute and archive proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach
- Research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position EDN ahead of major funding changes or trends
- Monitor donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to senior leadership
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
- Supervise EDN’s day to day funding activities and the activities of the fundraising staff and consultants
- Work with appropriate staff to increase the fundraising potential of EDN’s website and online campaigns
- Develop and market a donor membership strategy, capital campaign and online campaigns as needed.
- Additional activities that will contribute to improving the environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- 10-plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Earth Day Network
- High energy and passion for Earth Day Network’s mission is essential
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual development plan
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
Earth Day Network, offers a very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and life insurance coverage. Flexible Spending Account options, a 403(b) plan, paid vacation, and more!