Full-Time DEVELOPMENT AND EVENTS MANAGER
Lakeside’s River Park Conservancy, a non-profit organization working to create the San Diego River Park in Lakeside, seeks a highly motivated individual with professional experience in development and events to serve as the organization’s Development and Events Coordinator. If you’re an excellent writer and editor, super-organized, proficient in web and social media skills, and love planning events and love working with donors we want to hear from you.
Events Coordination: (50%)
- Manage and coordinate two established signature events
- Find and cultivate sponsorships
- Advertise the events
- Promote event participation
- Oversee volunteers as well as all vendors to ensure a successful event
- Plan layout, run of show etc.
- Budget the event
- Manage and support the event intern
- Manage and support Volunteer Coordinator
Development Management (50%)
- Manage the membership and volunteer database via Donor Perfect, work with data entry volunteer
- Manage donation acknowledgements, appeal mailings, membership renewal mailings, new member and volunteer mailings, and other special mailings using office volunteers.
- Ensure complete and accurate data entry, tracking, and protocols for memberships, donations, sales, and other information.
- Establish and maintain queries to generate newsletter mailing lists, appeals, membership renewal, acknowledgement letters, and other targeted communications as needed.
- Generate online transactions reports.
- Prepare membership, donor tracking, and fundraising reports for the ED as requested.
- Generate reports as requested by other staff, the Board of Directors, and committee chairs.
- Assist in the implementation of membership and end-of-year appeals.
- Support the Executive Director’s major gifts and planned giving programs.
- Establish and maintain queries and reports to generate mailing lists, appeals, membership campaigns, and other targeted communications as needed.
- Manage all development-related events, including planning, budgeting, venue selection and coordination, invitations, communications, registration, and follow-up activities.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Deep commitment and passion for the conservation, love of people, and desire to be part of a legacy project, the San Diego River Park.
- At least two years of professional experience in the development field.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Advanced database skills, including query/report design (experience with DonorPerfect a plus).
- Very organized and able to set priorities and handle multiple tasks.
- Hard working, self-motivated, able to work in a team setting.
- Advanced proficiency with office productivity software, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to maximize the use of social media.
Other Job Requirements
- Must have a valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed to support development events.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Salary, Benefits & Terms
This is a 100% time, exempt position. Wage range is $21 ($43,680) to $23 ($47,840) per hour. Benefits include paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave and health insurance.