Full-Time Corporate Relations Associate
The Corporate Relations Associate at ACORE works with the Director of Corporate Relations and Director of Leadership Programs to execute an effective membership recruitment and engagement strategy. She/he implements day-to-day membership and sponsorship development plans, manages member engagement and participation in ACORE’s Programs and Events, maintains ACORE’s CRM database via Salesforce, and keeps track of key membership contacts and relationship touchpoints. The Associate will utilize knowledge of the renewable energy sector and understanding of ACORE’s mission to support the continued growth and expansion of ACORE’s membership base, while helping to ensure that current members are appropriately engaged in ACORE’s various work streams. For this position we seek a proactive self-starter, with excellent written and verbal communications skills, who is detail-orientated and eager to join an energetic team working hard to grow the organization and make an impact in our industry. Prior experience or education in the renewable energy sector is a plus, but not required.
Key job duties
- Work with the Director of Corporate Relations to implement a comprehensive membership recruitment plan, aimed at reaching aggressive growth goals, that includes written pitches, creating marketing collateral, and various recruitment campaigns
- Work with the Director of Leadership Programs to implement a comprehensive sponsorship recruitment plan to help expand existing revenue streams for the organization
- Membership and Sponsorship Development: assist with day-to-day business development, research industry trends and generate potential leads, track member announcements and industry news, and maintain CRM database to track all membership and sponsorship leads.
- Member Relations & Engagement: manage and maintain day to-day member relations and participation in ACORE Programs to help increase membership value and retention rates
- Serve as the liaison between ACORE’s Policy, Program, and Communications teams to improve overall member engagement, notify departments of member requests, and coordinate on programmatic changes based on industry trends
- Oversee the membership renewal process in conjunction with the Finance & Accounting team
- Work with the Events and Communications teams to create improved marketing materials and targeted outreach
- Support the administration and implementation of membership development events, such as hosting industry receptions, attending industry conferences, and actively searching for additional opportunities
- Participate in industry and association events to promote and sell organizational membership
Required skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant major
- Minimum 2 years of work experience including demonstrated progressively responsible experience in business development, corporate/client relations, or within the renewable energy sector
- Excellent communications, customer service, analytical and problem-solving skills to help achieve business goals
- Knowledge, experience, and ability to travel, domestically to attend conferences or meet with potential members, approximately 10-15% of the time
- Must be organized and detail-oriented, possess a service mentality, an ability to work collaboratively across departments, and a demonstrated capacity to interact effectively with executives and organization members
- Must be passionate about advancing the renewable energy sector. Prior experience within the industry is a plus, but not required
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, highlighting your specific qualifications for the position and a personal resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be promptly scheduled with candidates that best fit the requirements enumerated above.