Full-Time Conference and Events Manager
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment seeks a Conference and Events Manager to join our team.
The primary responsibilities are to manage the US SIF Annual Conference and other events and programs, including both in-person meetings and online webinars. The ideal candidate will bring creative energy to US SIF, be a skilled communicator, be self-motivated and a team player, and have an interest in sustainable, responsible and impact investing and/or corporate social responsibility. This full-time position is based in Washington, DC and offers many opportunities for creativity and professional growth.
The Conference and Events Manager plays a key role in shaping US SIF’s annual conference and interacts closely with the US SIF membership and many colleague organizations. She or he will work closely with other members of the US SIF staff and outside consultants to ensure seamless execution and production of US SIF’s Annual Conference as well as other events and programs.
Specific duties include, though are not limited to, the following:
Management of US SIF Annual Conference
- Work closely with US SIF conference consultant and US SIF staff conference team for seamless execution and production of the Annual Conference: logistics, facility identification, staging, menus, audio visual and IT requirements, exhibit space, etc.
- Oversee US SIF conference registration tasks, including the creation and management of an online registration platform.
- Coordinate marketing activities.
- Manage conference sponsorships and related communications, including identifying and recruiting potential sponsors.
- Work with US SIF management and Agenda Committee to identify, recruit and manage high-level speakers including helping to select topics, reviewing content, organizing speaker information and panelists and supervising set-up and execution.
- Lead the creation of any conference materials, including slide presentations, managing the conference website, conference program book, conference signs and logos, and conference surveys.
- Work closely with the Conference Agenda Committee including scheduling meetings, preparing agenda and documenting decisions.
Management of Other Events and Programs
- Organize, manage and market US SIF’s special and regional events, such as receptions and briefings, including planning, marketing, onsite execution and post event wrap up.
- Manage US SIF webinars.
- Support scheduling and marketing of in-person education courses.
- Prepare Board memos related to conference and events, and participate in Board meetings as appropriate.
- Other program related support duties as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum five years of work experience, with at least three years of experience planning and executing events with 200 or more attendees.
- Experience with online conference registration systems (Cvent is preferred) and with systems that link online registration & hotel reservation systems (e.g., Passkey).
- Experience working with conference venues to effectively and collaboratively coordinate execution of events.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to organize and track multiple projects and work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically about how events and programs can help advance US SIF and the field of sustainable and impact investing.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and website management.
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Aptitude for exceptional customer service and ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; collegial attitude.
- Able and willing to set and achieve high professional standards.
- Enjoys working as part of team, and also able and willing to work independently.
- Possesses resourcefulness in planning and organizing events.
- Sense of humor and a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior work experience with a non-profit or membership association.
- Passion for sustainable, responsible and impact investing and/or corporate social responsibility.
- Understanding of basic HTML code.
- Familiarity with GoTo Webinar platform.
- 15 days of paid vacation, plus two personal days.
- 401k plan with employer contributions.
- Employer-subsidized health and dental insurance.
- Metro Smart benefits, disability insurance and flexible spending account.
- Three week sabbatical program after five years of employment.
Approximately 5-10% of time to plan and manage domestic events.
Salary range is commensurate with experience and non-profit pay scales.
About US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
US SIF is the US membership association for professionals, firms, institutions and organizations engaged in sustainable, responsible and impact investing. US SIF and its members advance investment practices that consider environmental, social and corporate governance criteria to generate long-term competitive financial returns and positive societal impact. Our vision is a world in which investment capital helps build a sustainable and equitable economy. US SIF’s members include investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, banks, credit unions, community development organizations, non-profit associations, and pension funds, foundations and other asset owners. US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF. Both organizations have staff in Washington, DC and a Board of Directors. Visit www.ussif.org to learn more about US SIF and our members.
US SIF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.