Full-Time Chief Operating Officer
DCA Outdoor, Inc., serves as the parent company for a family of brands that include: KAT Wholesale Outdoor, Anna Evergreen, Brehob Nurseries, Colonial Gardens, PlantRight, PlantRight Supply, Schwope Brothers Tree Farms, Utopian Plants and Utopian Transport. We are focused on integrating nursery stock production with distribution, transportation, and sales and marketing – we are revolutionizing our industry and Growth is in our DNA.
Reporting to the president of DCA Outdoor, we are currently looking for two highly skilled COO’s in the Kansas City metro area to be responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
For additional information on this position, please visit our website at www.dcaoutdoor.com/careers.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Leadership in Distribution: As the integrator and brand COO, you will have the opportunity to use your entrepreneurial spirit to drive and grow an established business. You will be expected to lead leaders into the future of tree production or landscape distribution.
• Strategic Planning: You will be asked to develop a strategic plan and operating budget that aligns with the long-term vision of DCA Outdoor’s production or distribution units.
• The execution of the plan and corresponding budget will be the chief measurement of success for the position.
• Effectiveness: Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
• Collaboration: As a key member of the executive team of DCA Outdoor along with the CEO, CFO, and others. DCA Outdoor has built a team of “area experts” to support the efforts within each brand in areas such as Technology, Transportation, Sales, Marketing, and Human Capital.
Required Education and Experience:
• Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer or higher role REQUIRED.
• Clear understanding of business functions such as HR, accounting, distribution,
production, sales and marketing
• Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
• Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
• BS/BA in Business or relevant field; MS/MBA is a plus
• Demonstrable high-impact success in a fast-paced and complex environment.
• Previous work experience in horticulture, agriculture, or nursery operations REQUIRED.