Part-Time Building Clean Outreach Assistant
The BlueGreen Alliance is hiring an outreach assistant for its Building Clean program. The assistant would be responsible for promoting the BuildingClean.org website to various stakeholders interested in the site’s buy local, buy healthy features. The job encompasses skills in marketing and communications. The job would be part-time through February.
- Developing, organizing and adding to Excel lists of contacts related to the built environment, including local, regional and national organizations and chapters of contractors, developers, architects and designers, health organizations, affordable housing groups and energy efficiency organizations.
- Becoming familiar with the BuildingClean.org website, the basic features of the presentation and how to tailor PowerPoint presentations for different constituencies.
- Contacting organizations to promote use of the website through a free training session for their respective groups and keeping detailed records of that process, including identifying each organization’s specific interests.
- Coordinating between Building Clean staff and interested organizations to create a schedule of webinars and/or site visits.
- Report weekly on all activities conducted in pursuit of program goals.
- Exhibit a positive and respectful manner when collaborating with colleagues, partners and allies.
- Use the various technology platforms utilized by BGA including IVDesk, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (including Outlook calendars), and any future programs as required.
- Other duties as required.
The Outreach Assistant reports to the Director of Healthy Sustainability Programs.
Flexible schedule of 16 hours per week. Compensation of $15/hour. No benefits.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 1-2 years of college education or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrate interest in or familiarity with retrofits, affordable housing, energy efficiency products, toxics in building products or other related topics.
- Personable, hard-working, and motivated individual with excellent oral and written communications skills, especially ease of communicating over the phone.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment, work independently and take initiative is necessary, as are strong computer skills.
- Willingness/ability to learn new subject matter rapidly and to demonstrate ability to explain to others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and orientation to building collaborative structures.
- A deep commitment to the mission of the BlueGreen Alliance, and a positive attitude with creative thinking and problem solving skills desired.